Knowledge Management and Referencing
You are here:
ECTS and Course type
Course type: Practical course
MSc, MD, PhD; open to other programs.
Date and time
4-7 PM each session:
- Tuesday 5 Feb, (Workshop 1)
- Friday 8 Feb (Workshop 2) and
- Friday 15 Feb (Project and Discussion)
At the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Understanding the importance of organizing knowledge assets
- Recognize the different search engines and methods
- Weigh the value and select the appropriate citable reference
- Use Mendeley to search, organize and cite published assets
- Collaborate with others on organizing knowledge for publications
- Definition and interpretation of knowledge
- Searching for knowledge
- Importance of citation, and its management
- Key terms in the language of knowledge exchange
- Mendeley Interface and functions
- Referencing in Mendeley
- Collaboration in Mendeley and outside
- Customizing reference styles
The students will create a document with 5 sentences, each referring to a relevant reference, share these references with colleagues in a group. They will find a relevant journal and adapt the styles to its requirements.
- Alfaar, A. S., & Nour, R. (2014). What a reference manager can add for a physician in web 2.0 era. The Egyptian Journal of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia, 8(2), 55.
- Amgad, M., & AlFaar, A. S. (2014). Integrating web 2.0 in clinical research education in a developing country. Journal of Cancer Education, 29(3), 536-540.