Route 1: MedNeuro MSc Graduates
Route 1 is exclusively for MSc graduates of our program and partner programs of the Neurasmus network.
You are here:
Route 1: Application Process for Medical Neurosciences MSc Graduates
Graduates of the Medical Neurosciences Master program can apply for admission to the doctoral program if they have secured a doctoral project and funding with one of our faculty members. To do so, a letter addressed to the admission's and examination's commission stating that request and signed by both the applicant and the doctoral supervisor must be submitted to the program office.
Doctoral Project Plan
To complete the admission's porocess, you need to present yourself and your project before the admission's and examination's committee.
Documents to be submitted to the program office
Please either name the documents with a number according to the list below, or put it into the proposed order if you submit one document.
- Application form (see below)
- Endorsement letter from your supervisor, stating your financial support is covered (e.g. scholarship, contract, ...)
- A letter of intent, in which you describe your academic and professional interests, a possible PhD project, your future goals and the reason why you should be admitted to the program
- A curriculum vitae detailing any professional / practical experience you have had so far
- Two letters of recommendation by teachers or professionals with whom you have worked in the past (see below)
- A detailed project plan including time line and bibliography (cf. "Registration of a PhD project" below)
- Copy of Thesis Agreement with three supervisors (Promotionsvereinbarung) (see below); you have to be admitted before officially filing your project at the thesis office.
Matriculation as PhD student
Only after having completed all steps you can enroll as PhD student and receive your student ID. If you are not an employee of Charité, enrollment is mandatory.
Required documents to present at Promotionsbüro of Charité:
- Letter of admission issued by the program office
- The original thesis agreement (Promotionsvereinbarung) signed by you and your supervisors
- Master diploma